The Smeg brand, which has been long renowned for large kitchen and laundry appliances, has recently introduced a retro styled range of small kitchen appliances. SMEG, or Smalterie Metallurgiche Emiliane Guastalla, which is also known as the Guastalla Emilia Enamel Works, was founded in the town of Guastalla in the Emilia region of northern Italy.
Their small kitchen appliances, blenders, mixers, kettles, toasters, juicers, and of course, expresso and drip filter coffee machines combine retro style and enduring performance with sleek Italian design.
The Smeg 50’s Style Blender BLF01 is a unique looking blender with a smooth curved body which comes in 8 beautiful colours and is enhanced with classy silver lettering.
- Powerful – With an 800 Watt motor and a Smooth Start function to avoid splatter and mess and better mix your ingredients
- Die-Cast Aluminium Body – Sturdy without being too heavy and powder-coated in retro colours
- Retro Look – Classic 50’s shape with lovely pastel colours, pale blue, pink and pale green, cream and silver plus black, red and white
- Smoothie – Has a pre-set function for delicious smoothies
- Crush Ice – Has a pre-set function which selects the correct combination of speeds to quickly crush ice without turning it to slush
- Speed dial – The Smeg 50s Style Blender has a backlit chrome dial with four speeds to choose from
- Pulse – A pulse button allows you to blend in short bursts to achieve the perfect texture
- Large Lightweight Jug – Comes with a 1.5 litre BPA-free lightweight Tritan jug that has measurements marked in both cups and litres and features a non-drip spout and handle
- Two Part Lid – The transparent jug lid allows you to watch as you blend and the removable centre gives you convenient access to add more ingredients and a handy measuring cup. The measuring cup also acts as a tool to remove the blades
- Removable Blades – Stainless steel dual blades which can be unscrewed from the base of the jug for easy cleaning
- Overload Protection – Protects the motor in case of overload
- Safety Lock – Shuts off the motor if the jug is removed
- Anti-Slip Feet – Rubber feet to keep your blender stable whilst in operation
- Cord Storage – Convenient cord storage in the base
- Self-Clean – Fill the jug with warm water and mild detergent, set on speed setting 1 and use the Pulse function for short 2 second bursts until clean, rinse and dry
- Dishwasher Safe – The jug and lid can be washed in your dishwasher for easy cleaning
Where to buy the Smeg 50s Style Blender
|Kitchen Warehouse||BLF01BLAU Black||Buy now for $283.90*|
|Kitchen Warehouse||BLF01RDAU Red||Buy now for $239.00*|
|Kitchen Warehouse||BLF01CRAU Cream||Buy now for $299.00*|
Smeg 50s Style Blender Photos
Smeg 50s Style Retro Blender Pros & Cons
Smeg 50s Style Retro Blender Specifications
The Smeg BLF01 model blender may look retro with its curves and pretty colours, but it is a truly modern blender and comes with a three year warranty plus a three month replacement warranty. There are eight model numbers for the eight gorgeous retro colours available. The recommended retail price is $299.
The retro Smeg benchtop blender, the BLF01, has an aluminium die-cast body and therefore weighs only 3.2 kg. It stands 39.7cm high and its base is 16.3 cm by 19.7 cm.
The 50s style Smeg blender body is powder-coated in 8 glossy retro colours: Pale Blue, Pale Green, Cream, Pink, White, Silver, Red and Black. The BPA-free Tritan jug holds 1.5 litres and has measurements marked in both cups and litres. The lid has a spill proof lip and the removable measuring cup than can also be used to unscrew the blades from the bottom of the jug. The cord is on metre long and wraps conveniently into the base for storage.
The Smeg blender has simple controls; a Start/Stop button, a dial that allows you to select from two pre-set functions, Smoothie or Crush ice, or chose a speed from 1 – 4. The Smooth Start function produces better mixing and blending while avoiding splattering your ingredients. This stylish blender has a powerful 800 Watt, overload protection and a safety lock so that the motor will not run if the jug is not securely in position.